Home   Home
decoration decoration decoration
Who's online
There is currently 1 user and 1 guest online.

Online users

decoration decoration
decoration decoration decoration
Videos

All our videos go up on the Durban Scouts YouTube channel, check it out:


decoration decoration

Graffiti Wankers

decoration decoration decoration
Graffiti Wankers
Submitted by capdog on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 16:45

Art rocks, murals rock, skate parks decorated with spray are pretty damn cool. Little losers who think their cocks grow every time they scribble their name on the side of a council bin, should be gang-raped in prison.

Take this particular group of wannabe-artists who are now posting their Durban vandalism on Flickr (link). They call themselves "fto" or "somz", or some other meaningless three-letter acronym crap. They are the ones who are making the city look like the inside of their heads - dirty, empty and ultimately seriously pathetic.

Get a life, tossers. Nobody wants to see how useless you are with a can of spray paint. I would say save it for your bedroom walls, but your mommy would probably ground you for a month when she saw the mess.

You think you're being all deep and revolutionary with your "art"; you think you're misunderstood members of society who just want to express yourselves with your "angsty" rubbish; well news flash assholes: there isn't a single person outside of your own little inbred clan who thinks what you're doing is remotely intelligent or interesting.

Take this pic for example, posted to Flickr, with the caption "haven't painted in ages":

To which his mate replies underneath: "i like the drips!"
And another one: "nice shot. drip,drip,drip:)"

Is that painting? Are you serious here or what? You see, I was under the impression that painting was what artists do with easels and canvas; not what stoned, underage, try-hard gangsters get up to when they're not tossing each other off.

I've seen walls covered in mynah shit that look better than this.:

Umgeni BridgeUmgeni Bridge

Give it up.

Losers.


[ Login or register to post comments ]
decoration decoration
Subject:  who got it all this morning ?
kliktrak's picture
Author:  kliktrak
Date:  25 July, 2007 - 07:30

woh capdog !

rabbid ?

KLIKTRAK
http://www.kliktrak.com


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  It's a tribute to maddox,
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  25 July, 2007 - 07:33

It's a tribute to maddox, for sure... ;)


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Crayola for Kids
one track mike's picture
Author:  one track mike
Date:  25 July, 2007 - 08:18

"desperately seeking meaningful overnight relationship.."

I three-hundred percent and whole bleeding-heartedly agree!

Something that has always really pissed me off that - the irony of the freedom to 'decorate' when in fact they obliterate!! Ha ha ... a lil' dramatic, but it's true.

I can only hope that one day these inverted penised, hooded-villained, zit-covered lil' crayon dicks has enough money to afford himself a nice house and his kid's friends come along and do the same on his garage door!

I recall doing an event at the Point Yacht Club and it was these rodents within the crowd that decided it would be 'ill' to spray the walls and even the manager's car !! That alone was enough for the manager to tell me 'never again!' And what a sick bloody venue! If they can't understand that they hamper the very scene that they congregate then they must die slow deaths in a puddle of rotten harbour vomit!

Get a fucken identity you hopeless fucken toothpicks of society
I hope one/or some of you are listening


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Graffiti Wankers
Perriwinkle's picture
Author:  Perriwinkle
Date:  25 July, 2007 - 10:48

Ah .. so Durban is doing its best to catch up to London! As much as I hate the sight of graffiti and if you've been to London, you know its EVERYWHERE ... I often gaze out the tube window and wonder about it. How the hell they got up there to do the deed (they seem to aim for the highest spots), and why don't they get caught (we apparently get photographed 4000 times a day in London with all the CCTV cameras around)and then the burning question: What motivates them to do this? Is there a psychologist out there who might like to venture an opinion?


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Top Wopsac Award
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  25 July, 2007 - 11:01

There's graffiti and then there's graffiti. Some of it is really good, when it's done right. Unfortunately, most is puerile scratching, right up there with the shit-graffiti of Durban Central's holding cells.
But I think the Top Wopsac Award (which is a handful of dog turd that will look ever so chic on a mantelpiece) has gotta go to the twats that hit up the building at the junction of Sydenham & Essenwood. The 'Jumpstreet 21' and 'History will be kind to me as I intend to write it' or whatever it is, is a fuckin' travesty - a good-looking old Victorian building with kak graph is basically a sure sign that these tossers were born with Deficient Nana Syndrome. Twats. I hope the Law catch them and make them clean out the Metro Equestrian Unit's stables.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Agreed. If someone wants to
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  25 July, 2007 - 11:09

Agreed. If someone wants to paint their own house with an awesome mural, I have no problems; but this stuff is garbage.

I haven't seen the building you're talking about but will keep a look out.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  graffiti
Author:  chrisso
Date:  25 July, 2007 - 13:49

Yah I have seen some awesome graffiti, especially in Spain, but if you have no talent rather piss off. If we want more tourism and higher standards then dyslexic stoner graffiti using the same wanker font is not the answer.

I agree Capdog, their graffiti is very very poor. I think I could shit better graffiti after 2 mutton bunnies and 10 guinesses..

How about all chipping in, hiring a PI, tracking their identities, and then spraying their ballies cars and houses?


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Would love to. I think the
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  26 July, 2007 - 18:41

Would love to. I think the best way is to wait until they use a camera that saves it's serial number in the jpg picture file. Then you can do a trace of who bought the camera and link it to them!

I've checked but none of the photos so far have serial numbers in the exif data.

b.t.w. This is how they caught the guys who leaked the new Harry Potter book online.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  chippin in
the_looking_glass's picture
Author:  the_looking_glass
Date:  31 July, 2007 - 21:59

"How about all chipping in, hiring a PI"

how about all chipping in, and sending them to art school. if you're gonna tag your opinion, at least let us pause for about 3 seconds when we walk past it and question our environment for a moment. what really hacks me off is that these noobs will write their same dumb tag about 10 times on the same wall. don't get me wrong, I like good graffiti that makes bold statements, but I cant stand signatures that aren't on great artwork.

numnuts


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  credible cliche'
kliktrak's picture
Author:  kliktrak
Date:  27 July, 2007 - 10:49

Are there any web forums that aren't driven by anger?

see article on IOL Tech

HERE

KLIKTRAK
http://www.kliktrak.com


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  I dunno, it's a bit of a
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  27 July, 2007 - 12:22

I dunno, it's a bit of a generalisation. There are some forums I post on that are very heated all the time, and others that are 99% peaceful.

For example, Ubuntu forums are for the most part awesome, but dbnalternative has some serious arguments and differences of opinion!


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Anger Shmanger
Obi's picture
Author:  Obi
Date:  1 August, 2007 - 13:53

Its usually anger that makes people do things so why not??? I agree with trying to find em and break em as well cos some little shit who calls himself step has been spraying his shit all over the lower morningside area. I mean come on dudes, what kind???

You cannot escape your destiny. You must face Darth Vader again - Obi Wan Kenobi


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  WWWWAAAAAHHHA
Author:  god.jr (not verified)
Date:  6 August, 2007 - 13:54

oh my god that artical was the biggest load of crap i ever read ...to me it sounds like someone is a friend of the "real graffitti crew" 12 crew or wat ever stupidness they go. cause i looked at that site and you just took some of the crap photos and clam "wats this crap" wen there is a foto that would be considered art right next to it ....... i think you should quit writting untill you learn how to write facts.

as a dbn artist i can say there are some others like "2kill" "opt" and that bunch of local town ppl "who look like hobos themselves and think they run the dbn hip hop scene ..... if maybe you where showing that crap copied straight from european graffiti artists and magazines and clam that they did it themselves.

the way you go about using such immature language like "wankers, Get a life, tossers" and saying things like "I was under the impression that painting was what artists do with easels and canvas" shows you don't really have a high level of inelegance yourself, so if i was you, i would go back to school and redo your english ,and learn how to write an article.it is clear you don't know wat you are talking about. you are just venting your frustration that no one cares about.

if this is not art how can a graffiti artist charge 3000 dollars for a small canvas with this "crap" you speak of.

the only thing i would say is that 88% of graffiti artist are just illegal artist and everyone has forgotten wat graffiti is about and why it was started ....... graffiti these days is just a clam for fame like idols shows and crap like that ....... but yeah thank you for that laugh you crack me up with YOUR CRAP.
i'm doing you a favour and supplying you with some online resources to learn to write better .....*no need to thank me*
http://www.write101.com/
http://www.improvetheweb.com


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Oooo...tsss... meowrr..fffft... hiss...
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  7 August, 2007 - 08:18

Well that's Capdog told.
But Sparky, or God Jr or whoever, before you lay into the writing skills of the person you're attacking you really should get your mom to editt yor writting...unnliss you're ee fucking cummings (look it up), the use of punctuation and case is kinda standard practice, last time I checked. Fact is, there is some shit-hot graffiti (yip, that is how you spell it, numbnuts) out there, but most is weak and an eyesore. Come right.

English as it are spake -

artical
graffitti
wat
clam "wats this crap"
wen

and the piece de resistance, ladies and gentlefuckers -

"quit writting untill you learn how to write facts"

I ask you with tears in my ass.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Capdog, well done... I must
Author:  doesitmatter? (not verified)
Date:  7 August, 2007 - 14:49

Capdog, well done... I must applaud you, somehow in the end you managed to get some response from the shit you call "an article". I've wiped my arse with better words than that. Whoever would have thought the graffiti code was that easy to crack? Hahaha! By god you've got it!

I've heard too many bitchy articles about graffiti like yours, and 99% of the time I couldn't care less to reply to them - main reason: whats the point? You'll never get it anyways, will you? I feel your pain bro... i really do, don't worry, fortunately for you(yet unfortunate for humanity) a huge population of people actually think like you... "stay between the lines! don't step over the line! don't ever question the line!"

Here's a tip bro, spend a few hours ACTUALLY RESEARCHING WHAT YOU CLAIM TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT before attempting to comment on it and maybe you'd actually get some respect.

later

Oh, and hedmekanik stfu dude, you're missing the whole point of this thing... actually, was there a point?

Oh and one other thing, who ever said taking photos of graffiti is illegal? LOL. Guess that just pisses right on your battery hey! HAHAHA.. pathetic!!


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Slings & arrows
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 06:37

If you've heard so many bitchy articles but 99% of the time couldn't care less to reply...I guess something musta hit a nerve. Shame, bunny.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  TGIW
Author:  rocksteady (not verified)
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 07:05

> Art rocks, murals rock, skate parks decorated with spray are pretty
> damn cool. Little losers who think their cocks grow every time they
> scribble their name on the side of a council bin, should be
> gang-raped in prison.

Are you actually serious? Think about your statement here, you're saying that if someone uses a little ink marker to write something on a council bin, then they deserve to die? In all honesty man, I don't think you are capable of weighing things up very well...and anyone with more than half a brain will say the same thing. Nice try at a good opening line, but thats not really gonna cut it...

> ...or some other meaningless three-letter acronym crap.

In otherwords, it's meaningless only because capdogg doesn't actually know what they mean. Moving on...

> They are the ones who are making the city look like the inside of
> their heads - dirty, empty and ultimately seriously pathetic.

Nah, not really. The corporate advertising money hungry human scum would be to blame for that, because after all... graffiti only exists because of them. There's more to that story but I won't go into it now... if anyone's interested, look up the history of graffiti and how it came to be, then think about why it too has errupted in south africa.

> Get a life, tossers. Nobody wants to see how useless you are with
> a can of spray paint. I would say save it for your bedroom walls,
> but your mommy would probably ground you for a month when she saw
> the mess.

Ok, in all honesty I can see why you would say this. About 80% of kids who start graffiti these days are all lighties who are still in school and under mommies roof, but that 80% bunch of kids are after all... kids. It's a temporary fasion thing to them... "Hey, what can I do to be seen as cool for the next 3 months? I know, I'll be a ganster graffiti artist!". That is why most of the shit on the streets looks like shit, because it's done by confused amateurs. But this brings me to another point... who ever said these graffiti artists want YOU to see their stuff?

> You think you're being all deep and revolutionary with your "art";
> you think you're misunderstood members of society who just want to
> express yourselves with your "angsty" rubbish; well news flash
> assholes: there isn't a single person outside of your own little
> inbred clan who thinks what you're doing is remotely intelligent or
> interesting.

Erm, I suppose thats must be why CellC and a crapload of other huge corps are using graffiti in their campaigns to lure more suckers into their products... somehow, it's working for them. Graffiti is huge dude, it covers every country on this planet in all forms. In Germany alone there are aparently a few THOUSAND graffiti artists per major city. South Africa is very far behind, so "single person"... again, as was brought up earlier by Mr God himself, it helps to write about stuff you can ACTUALLY back up.

> Is that painting? Are you serious here or what? You see, I was under
> the impression that painting was what artists do with easels and
> canvas; not what stoned, underage, try-hard gangsters get up to when
> they're not tossing each other off.

Had your eye's checked mate? No, that clearly is not painting and I don't think he meant to say that it was "painting". Again, shows how much you know about what you are bitching about!

> I've seen walls covered in mynah shit that look better than this

I've seen shorter articles than your post that make more sense. Stop bringing our country down with your mindless minor bitching.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  This one has actually
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 08:47

This one has actually managed to string an intelligible sentence together so I'm going to reply.

Firstly, the definition of Graffiti:

the illegal or unauthorized defacing of a building, wall or other edifice or object by painting or otherwise marking it with words, pictures or symbols.

It has everything to do with the illegal defacing of public property.

Vandalism.

Common criminals.

Therefore my opinion that graffiti "artists" deserve to go to prison is hardly a controversial viewpoint.

Don't try lecture me about the history or applications of the style that graffiti "artists" use, because it's immaterial.

If you really believe that some people should be allowed to deface other people's property because they're angry at "the man" (shame poor babies), then why not post your address here, so I can come round with a few barrels of tar and paint.

I have something in mind that I think would look beautiful on your driveway, garage door and walls.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  TGIW
Author:  rocksteady (not verified)
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 09:49

Well done man, you know how to use wikipedia & look up basic definitions. Yes true, graffiti definately DOES refer to an illegal activity... but that was not my point. You still are trying to convince people that the act of writing a little name which you can't understand on a council bin or whatever deserves the same fate as a rapist or murderer. I'm guessing you were never picked for class president am I right?

In my opinion, I don't agree with people defacing someone else's property... such as your own personal property. What gives THEM the right to do that to you? Nothing, and I'm with you on that... that is wrong. However, lets take a freeway bridge for example. I suppose you could say your tax money payed for that... but remember, every year our "government" puts aside a shitload of cash to clean up graffiti/rubbish/...etc, and if there is nothing to clean up do you honestly think our government will put that money into another cause? I doubt that, they'd just buy another 5 BMW's and go on holiday.

Another way to look at this. When you driving to work and you see a big graffiti piece on the freeway, your first thought is probably "BASTARDS!". Because, what the hell gave that graffiti artist the right to get in your face on the way to work?

But yet, when another 500 huge corporate billboards pop up on the freeway you take to work you don't even blink. Why is that? What gave THEM the right to pollute your route with shitty advertising and crap imagery?

Again, like I said I don't agree with someone defacing a person's private property, but as for government property... what finger have they ever lifted to help anyone personally?

I take it you still haven't bothered reading up about the history of graffiti hey? Don't question the answer if you yourself haven't done the homework.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Oh boo hoo, the government
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 10:04

Oh boo hoo, the government does nothing for me, the big corporations are evil, "the man" is out to get us!

Revolution! Anarchy! Let's scribble meaningless crap all over everything, that will show them! Yeah! High-five!


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  I will indulge you with an
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 11:13

I will indulge you with an analogy:

Let's pretend I'm an eccentric billionaire who happens to like the colour and texture of vomit. Green, brown, yellow, luminous and disgusting.

I like it so much, that I decide to pay an army of painters to cover every last piece of public surface with vivid pictures and images of puke. Over traffic lights, bridges, walls, everything (but not private property because you say it's wrong).

I make a point of going over all graffiti and every tag in the whole city. I can do this because no bratty teenager can afford to buy more spraypaint than me (I'm a billionaire, remember?)

Durban now looks like a giant cat just got sick all over it. Graffiti "artists", the public at large and pretty much everyone except me are disgusted. But what can they do?

According to your logic, I am allowed to do this. Somewhere in your twisted argument, you advocate that public space should be a free-for-all where everyone's rights override everyone else's.

Because the government never did anything for me. Screw them. Or something.

Can you imagine how many corporations would then start spraying their logos and advertising over all public surfaces?

Completely and utterly ridiculous.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  TGIW
Author:  rocksteady (not verified)
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 14:44

Lol. Your post is pretty ironic, because this has already happened yet you haven't even opened your eyes and realised this yourself. Take your story and instead of talking about a certain billionaire painting puke all over the city because he can afford it, look at it this way. This has already happened... all around us. This city's huge money hungry corporations are actually the billionaire in your story and the color and texture of vomit you talk about are the adverts plastered on every pole and every rubbish bin. You can't walk 50m to the tea room these days without seeing that shit.

> According to your logic, I am allowed to do this.

According to your logic, you think anyone with money has the right to say something but the rest don't. Please.

> Because the government never did anything for me. Screw them.
> Or something.

Yeah. Or something.

> Can you imagine how many corporations would then start spraying
> their logos and advertising over all public surfaces?

Refer to previous points I make in this post.

> Completely and utterly ridiculous.

I agree, this is like trying to convince a white person he's black. It ain't gonna happen.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  No, it hasn't already
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  9 August, 2007 - 06:28

No, it hasn't already happened. The shit on public surfaces is illegal advertising, like plastered posters, which is not big corporates. This is just as bad as graffiti.

I am not arguing against freedom of speech, what I am saying is that one person's rights cannot override another's. Everyone has a right to clean public spaces, why exactly should a graffiti "artist's" right to express himself override everyone else's rights?

And don't tell me "because the big evil corporates are doing it" because firstly, they're NOT doing that, and secondly it's just saying that two wrongs make a right.

Or arguing that the best way to protest against murder is by going out and killing people.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  crapffiti...
No lekker man's picture
Author:  No lekker man
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 09:55

OOPS UP SIDE YOUR HEAD
I WAS HUGE INTO GRAF,WAS PROBABLY PART OF THE FIRST BUNCH OF LIGHTIES DOING IT IN THIS TOWN,THEN IT GOT LAME EVERYBODY STARTED FIGHTING FOR WALL SPACE AND STARTED TUNING THIS CREW & THAT CREW...GET A FUCKING GRIP IS WHAT I THOUGHT.BUT DONT GET ME WRONG LOVE SEEING A BIG WALL OF FAME...NOW I OWN A COFFEE SHOP IN ONE OF DURBANS MOST PROLIFIC PROPERTY AREAS,THE NEW POINT WATER FRONT,JUST THE OTHER DAY HAD CAUGHT A BUNCH OF MID 20 YEAR OLDS TAGGING THE WALL NEXT TO MY SHOP.THESE GUYS WHERE DRINKING WHISKY FLOOKING EACH OTHER LIKE A BUNCH OF FISH WIVES..ANYWAY WENT TO THESE CUNTS AND SAID "HEY CHINAS,HOWS TO GO AND DO THIS SOMEWHERE ELSE"I THEN WENT ON TO SAY THAT IM ALL FOR GRAF BUT DONT COME SCRIBBLE SOME SHIT THAT ONE CAN READ...THESE FUCK HEADS THEN FLOOKED ME TOLD ME I WAS A CUNT...I WAS VERY QUICK TO PICK UP MY PHONE CALLED THE COPS...FOLLOWED THEM AND WATCHED WITH AMAZMENT WHEN THE COPS LOADED THESE "GRAF ARTISTS" INTO THE VAN..5 DOWN 100000 TO GO...


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Nice one. These gangs remind
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 10:12

Nice one. These gangs remind me of little puppies pissing all over the furniture, trying to be hardcore by marking "their" territory.

Then they try and justify it by blaming the establishment, calling it "art" and referring to "the history" of graffiti. As if that makes one single scrap of difference.

It would be funny if it wasn't so lame.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  two-bob halfnaai scribbler winkies
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 10:55

Thing is, a lot of these skaapie scribblers have got this whole 'dispossessed' angle going down - 'I'm an inner-city kid, there's nothing stimulating going on, the billboards are invading my space, I've gotta rebel against the system'. Come right - the world is what you make it. Quit bitching and do something about it if you're so disposessed, punkenstein. Get a fuckin' job if you're so shit-hot. There are loads of graphic design appointments for those who can pull their finger out and produce a portfolio of acceptably-crafted work.
If not, get thrown in a van and write shit-graffiti in the Durban Central holding cells with the immigrants. And then you'll get the cred you so aspire towards.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Fully.
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 11:20

Fully.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  TGIW
Author:  rocksteady (not verified)
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 15:02

Keep telling yourself that these so called graffiti kids are jobless and skyf all day, shows how little you really know! Your boss could be a graffiti artist and you'd never know.

These guys don't do it for public recognition at all, thats the thing. There are no real names and bank account numbers involved it it and they couldn't give a rock about what you personally think about them.

Quit bitching about colorful lines and squiggles you don't understand and focus on this country's real issues - rape, poverty, murder...etc. It's pathetic when you hear people bitching about puny things there are FAR more important things to worry about! And it's even sadder that they don't understand that!


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Trying to divert attention
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  9 August, 2007 - 06:36

Trying to divert attention away from the topic of debate by saying that there are bigger crimes to worry about, is not exactly a winning strategy.

The fact that graffiti "artists" post their vandalism on Flickr, and that they are here defending it, tells me that they DO give a rock what people think about them.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  hey graffiti o's
Author:  chrisso
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 13:42

The point is, no-one is against art. As I said before if it is good, like I saw overseas in Spain, London etc, then no worries. It is a valid point about being huge all over the world. The problem is firstly that art is subjective, and secondly there is no consent with graffiti.

Put it this way. What if my art was smashing up your car and filming it? Years ago some lighties got busted cause their art was breaking into people's houses and fucking them up. You would not be very happy if someone did that to you. But you think your idea of art, defacing property is fine.

Personally I think if people are talented and really want to express themselves they find better outlets. You guys stick to bridges and walls not because of art but because you know you are crap and it fulfills your need to be "rebellious". You should rather do it in London and dodge the CCTV cameras, because here the cops have bigger fish to fry than some pre-pubescent tossers.

I will concede that one of the graphics was good, but most of it was really really bad. Lastly, think about the consequences. Durban needs tourism. Tourism creates jobs. Employment leads to less crime. Making Durban look crap helps no-one. Especially yourselves.

Your point about corporate billboards is valid, except for one thing. Like it or not, and I don't, they generate money and employment. What do you guys contribute?


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  With regards to advertising
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 14:20

With regards to advertising billboards, yes we would all prefer less of those, but the fact remains that somebody owns the structure that the billboard is on, and has given permission for it to be used as advertising.

If the graffiti "artists" want to cover their own buildings with shitty tags, they have the right to do that.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  TGIW
Author:  rocksteady (not verified)
Date:  8 August, 2007 - 14:55

So you're saying it's OK for some random company to place shitty advertising right in front of your eyes(on every second streetpole...etc) as long as they've paid for permission? Did they pay YOU for permission?

Capdog, have a nice life dude. You're one sad and confused soul and I feel sorry for you. Seriously... I really do, I wish you the best of luck though.

Peace.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  The money they pay for
capdog's picture
Author:  capdog
Date:  9 August, 2007 - 06:33

The money they pay for advertising on public streetpoles is used by the council to improve and maintain the city, which makes my life better.

So companies that advertise don't pay me directly, but I benefit nevertheless. I fail to see how graffiti benefits anyone except the selfish "artist".


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Sparky - have you actually got a point to make?
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  13 August, 2007 - 11:19

STFU you cake - first you spar on the 'Don't knock what you don't understand' ticket, then you come with the 'Bigger issues' angle.
Have you actually got anything consistent to say, or are you just loving the opportunity to mouth off?
I think that you'd find a sympathetic audience were it not for the fact that you, not unlike your graf, have got fuckall to say. At least if you had a political or social point to make which was valid and worth considering, you'd find that people would be willing to give you the time of day. Shit, even the 'The Only Bush I Trust' Tocil stickers have more social relevance than your whining.
Get a clue, get some skills, and find something worthwhile to have a bitch about.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Wharra Wharra
Obi's picture
Author:  Obi
Date:  14 August, 2007 - 06:35

This rocksteady dude sounds like such a fkn cherry? I can tell you now that if i caught some cake "graffing" my wall i would graf his balls with a brick.

The simple fact of the matter is the little pricks dont own anything of their own for someone else to come along and fuck up yet but believe when they do things will change, Im sure of that.

You cannot escape your destiny. You must face Darth Vader again - Obi Wan Kenobi


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Acceptible Urban Environment
Author:  stuck record player (not verified)
Date:  17 August, 2007 - 08:00

YO! Whats up poeple? My experience in graffiti has been quite involved, through actuall practice and a years research for a project. I got into graff during my visit to London in 2000. The work over there is of an extremly high standard, it is a hub of global youth culture and it has existed there for a long time, with a strong following of many heads that support a huge industry of graff supplies and lifestyle accesories such as clothing, shoes, publishing, music, etc. There is no doubt that this scene has moved beyond a fad or fashion. It seems in this new millenium that all lifestyle genres of the past 50 years exist simoltaniously supported by our growing population, and graffiti culture and hip hop are here to stay for as long as we left on this planet.

Personally I think certain types graff works better in London than say a town like Durban for a couple reasons. London is an extremly dense urban environment with many different types of neibourhoods. In the more affluent areas graffiti is not accepted and does not exist, as soon as you start moving to areas of genaral population and especially industrial areas you begin to see the urban scrawl.

Another reason is that the quality of work is better, across all types of graff(from the tag to the legal production) there has been a longer evolution, and the ‘styles’ are better - as in interesting compositions, original lettering with good weight and balance, more use of colour, a lot of compitition between ‘writers’, consolidation of graff to certain areas and certain niebourhood walls. It forms part of the urban fabric and its totally organic element seems to some what break the rigidness of the endless geometric malaise that is a big city.

This brings me to a point i would like to make about the appropiatness of graff in a small town like Durban. It seems there was an early trend to tag mostly in the durable and all covering Duco black and silver, this was due mainly to lack of effective colour spray paint at the time. Sadly, even though imported professional graff specific spray paint is now available in over 300 colours, this trend continues. The legacy of black and silver ‘damage’ lives on in the minds of the younger graff generation, testament to power of the elders role in the anonimous education of future writers. The bushman left images on rock walls to record and educate the next cave inhabitent and there is a similarity.

There is also the case of the writer that is generally appethetic due to a lack of a real scene. This writer gets bored or drunk and desides to go and do graffiti, this results in an aimless mission to damage property in a residential area. There is no consideration given to ‘placement’. Walls are not considered - new, old or abandoned. The latter obviously the better option. There is genrally no venture taken into the more urban, industrial parts of town, again a better option. Quick tagging takes place over considered and planned community driven projects, as was the initial movement in the 70’s in New York city, where local hand ball court walls, measurung up to 5x3m, were covered overnight with mixture of back ground scenery, lettering and written message to complete an overall concept.

to be cont...


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Dear RockSteady God Jr or whoever you are
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  5 September, 2007 - 09:59

Just a note to say well done you pondscum, you've really lead the charge for urban decay with your silver scribbling all over the Berea area this last two weeks. Among many other spots on Essenwood, Musgrave, Berea and other roads you nailed my friends' place, and you nailed it good, with an ever-so artistic patch of...fuckall, really, just some pointless lines which will cost time and money to clean up. Who the hell do you think you are? Stick to train tracks and crak, you fuckwits.
Here's hoping the law return the favour before you transform the whole neighbourhood into a ghetto. Knobwops.

go here - http://hedmekania.blogspot.com/


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Saw some EPIC murals in Jozi
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  25 September, 2007 - 13:55

Mind-bogglingly good stuff in Jozi DONE LEGALLY by well-known graffito MakOne.
So why can't the o's who do it down here get it right?
The stuff I saw looked like commissioned work, and it was fargin HYUUUUGE.
Will post tomorrow.
Word to FT and SOMZ - just cos Durban is a smaller city doesn't make it excusable to have crap graf - you should practice in places where your art won't offend. Maybe then your work won't elicit such bile from the critics.
Or is it that you WANT to piss people off? (Like the twats who hit the estate agents on Overport Drive with shitloads of scribble and a nice big 'WE TAGGD YOU FUCKED")
Art shmart, that shit is as far away from art as can be.
String 'em up by the balls and beat 'em softly with golf shoes....

go here - http://hedmekania.blogspot.com/


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  MakOne epicness
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  2 October, 2007 - 06:52

On close inspection I sussed the name in the background - go here to check out the pics - http://hedmekania.blogspot.com/


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  jozi-graph
kliktrak's picture
Author:  kliktrak
Date:  2 October, 2007 - 10:23

well thats some pretty twisted graph'

hehehe ;-P

KLIKTRAK
http://www.kliktrak.com


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Fer sher
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  2 October, 2007 - 10:58

Took me a while to figure out what the hell was going on.

http://hedmekania.blogspot.com/


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  eureka!
kliktrak's picture
Author:  kliktrak
Date:  3 October, 2007 - 11:27

as proverbial metaphoric water pours forth from equally metaphoric and not quite anthropomorphic bath tub
[image of light buld above head not included in this metaphoric message at this time]

figuratively speaking of course

;-)

KLIKTRAK
http://www.kliktrak.com


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Why eye otter...
Author:  hedmekanik
Date:  3 October, 2007 - 13:08

Goddammit, boy! I thought I toldja to point the Ray Gun away from your head when playing with the damned thing!

Eishlike. Kids these days.

I ask you wif tears in my ass.

http://hedmekania.blogspot.com/


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  dont be a flop i think its
Author:  anon (not verified)
Date:  23 April, 2008 - 07:37

dont be a flop i think its awsum=)


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Understanding
Author:  Bob Ross (not verified)
Date:  7 May, 2008 - 08:20

This statement, appears to be ultimately fallible,"there isn't a single person outside of your own little inbred clan who thinks what you're doing is remotely intelligent or interesting", because You sir are the one interested in the artists' work, spent time to analyze the labor, and attempt to get recognition for your critique of his work. The graffiti provided the subject for your intellectual fodder. The definition you provide for the conception of what painting is, "the impression that painting was what artists do with easels and canvas" seems rather limited, for there are many ways to apply medium to support. Your study may warrant further analysis. Cheers, double wmc


[ Login or register to post comments ]

Subject:  Graffiti is expresive..
Author:  ILOVEGRAFF123 (not verified)
Date:  11 May, 2009 - 15:57

well i think graffiti is awesome... and i think these graffers are just tryin to get up and stay up so they can be like all those well known graffiti artists in america and in europe.. I think that your just being immature about it.. And it is an art-form. You have to start with illegal shit before getting into the crazy stuff. Go look at OTC or WK there one of the most well known crews in SA.


[ Login or register to post comments ]

decoration decoration decoration
Poll
How much do you tip carguards?:
decoration decoration
decoration decoration decoration
Recent comments
decoration decoration
decoration decoration decoration
Links

Decay Clothing - rad locally designed gear.

Kablooey Studios! - for websites, graphics, media and animation!

decoration decoration